Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Planning vs Strategizing

This morning I read an article by Stephen Pierce that could very well end up being another defining element of my life. 'Fail to plan, plan to succeed' is an eye catching takeoff on a well know statement (fail to plan, plan to fail). After such a bold statement, it is hard to make the content live up to the promise, but I think he succeeded. His concept is that a plan is not flexible enough to ensure success in a business (the other guy has a plan too). To succeed you must have a strategy. The more I think about this concept, the more I realize that it lies behind my lack of success to date. I put way too much time into trying to perfect my system / plan when I should be moving forward, taking action. I am afraid that old habits die hard, so now I have a plan to learn about strategy so I can take action :-)